Intensive driving courses can be a great way to learn to drive or to complete your learning.
At The Road Ahead we have a variety of courses available suitable for learners from complete novice to driving test re-sit. See below to view the options and a brief description to help you choose which one is most suitable for your current experience.
All our courses are delivered by fully qualified driving instructors, who are experienced in the delivery of intensive courses and who will work with you to help you learn and experience many different driving situations to help you not only pass your driving test but have a long and safe lifetime of driving.
All the courses include a DVSA practical test fee, we will book and manage your driving test booking alongside your course so that the test is linked to the completion of your hours.
For shorter courses (up to 20 hours) we advise booking an initial assessment, this can be very beneficial to make sure the length of the course you book is a suitable length to develop your driving to be at the standard required to be presented for a practical test.
You have limited experience but feel anxious about driving
You started to learn to drive a few years ago but haven't driven for quite some time
You learnt some years ago
You previously took an unsuccessful driving test
You recently took an unsuccessful test but requires some confidence building
Booking and Lesson Terms and ConditionsSpecific to Intensive Courses
- If the course is booked with the start date more than 3 weeks ahead then a 25% deposit for courses 15 hours and above OR 50% deposit for courses of 5 and 10 hours required to hold the space in the instructor's diary.
- If the course is booked to start within the next 3 weeks, full payment is required at the time of booking.
- Any course cancelled within 7 days of the start date will not have the deposit refunded, but any additional payments made beyond the deposit will be refunded.
- The hours purchased as part of an intensive course must be taken within a limited timeframe. Courses of 20 or fewer hours must be taken within a 7-day timeframe. Courses of 25 hours or more must be taken within a 14-day timeframe.
- The Road Ahead will do their upmost to ensure that the DVSA practical test is booked to be taken on the final day of the course. DVSA cancellations are not the fault of the Road Ahead.
- Your intensive course hours will not start until you have successfully completed your theory test, this is to enable The Road Ahead to book a suitable practical driving test.
- Whilst we work to ensure the original course provides enough hours to prepare you fully for your driving test, there are times when additional hours will need to be added to ensure you are fully prepared. In this instance, your instructor will liase with you as soon as this is evident and make arrangements to add additional hours at an additional charge.
- Any sessions cancelled once the course has started, arrived to late or finished early will be charged as if you have taken them. In this instance it is likely you will need to add additional hours to your course at an additional charge.
- Presentation to test and use of the driving instructors car for test is ultimately the instructors final decision. Should you not have reached the standard required during the course to be presented to test and the instructor has kept you updated and requested you take additional hours the the instructor can postpone or cancel your test. We do not take these decisions lightly and only do this when there is no other option.